Daily Bucket List – Thursday 14 June 2018
Claudius Krucker | 14. Juni 2018
Art Basel is open to the public now, and there’s still a lot going on around the main fair.
- 10-11:30: Art Basel Conversation: What can a Biennial do? Talk with Ralph Rugoff, Zoe Butt, Eva González-Sancho, Shwetal A. Patel and András Szántó, Conversations Auditorium Hall 1.1, free public access
- 14-15: Art Market Talk: Blockchain and the Art World. With Simon Denny, Robert Norton, Kelani Nichole and Tim Schneider, Conversations Auditorium Hall 1.1, free public access
- 18-22: Opening & Garden Party at SALTS, Birsfelden. Celebrating the opening of the solo shows by Mexican artist Rodrigo Hernandez, Palestinian artist Jumana Manna, and British-Punjabi artist Bhanu Kapil.
- 19:00: Shuttle bus leaving from Art Basel shuttle bus strop at Isteinerstrasse (walk between halls 1 and 2 until you reach the end of hall 2) to the Garden Party at CRAC Alsace, in honor of the opening of the solo exhibition by Armando Andrade Tudela, curated by CRAC Alsace director Elfi Turpin. The bus will return at 22:30.
- 19:00: Vernssage of Hütet das Maultier! (Hold the mule!) group exhibition at Flatterschaft project space, Solothurnerstrasse 4 in Basel.
- 20:00: A premiere at HeK Haus der Elektronischen Künste Basel! Award Ceremony of Pax Art Award, a prize for digital art, claiming to be the first of its kind.