Basel | ArtRegion: Basel - Oberrhein
Art Basel 2014
The premier international art show for Modern and contemporary works
19. – 22. Juni 2014
Art Basel is the premier international art show of its kind for Modern and contemporary works, bringing over 300 leading galleries from around the world to the heart of Europe. The exhibition includes the highest-quality paintings, sculptures, drawings, installations, photographs, video and editioned works.
Art Basel embraces different sectors:
- Galleries, the main sector of the show, will feature 232 galleries presenting the highest quality of painting, sculpture, drawing, installation, photography, video and editioned works
- The Feature sector presents galleries with precise curatorial projects, showing both historical and contemporary work. This year’s edition will feature 24 galleries from 12 countries, out of which 15 galleries are completely new to the show.
- Solo presentations in the relocated Statements sector offer visitors and collectors the opportunity to discover the work of emerging artists and young galleries. This year, nine of the 14 galleries exhibiting within Statements will be new to the show.
- Unlimited, Art Basel’s unique platform for projects that transcend the limitations of a traditional art-fair stand, will be curated for the third year by curator and critic, Gianni Jetzer, New York, with more than 70 works ranging from large-scale sculptures and paintings to video projections, installations and live performances.
- Florence Derieux, Director of FRAC Champagne-Ardenne, will curate for a second time Parcours, a series of site-specific sculptures, interventions and performances by renowned international artists and emerging talents, presented by Art Basel galleries. Each year, Parcours seeks to engage with a different area of the city of Basel, and this year will take place at the Rheingasse.
- For the past ten years, the extensive Conversations and Salon program of talks and panel discussions has been accompanying the gallery presentations in Basel. This year, the program will include a panel moderated by Hans Ulrich Obrist focused on the Artist as Choreographer.
- Screened at Stadtkino Basel, Art Basel’s Film program will feature around 30 films by and about artists.
Preview (by invitation only)
Tuesday, June 17, and Wednesday, June 18
Vernissage (by invitation only)
Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 3pm to 8pm
Thu 19 to Sun 22 June: 11am - 7pm
Day Ticket: CHF 45
Evening Ticket, after 5 pm: CHF 25
Two-Day Ticket: CHF 75
Permanent Ticket: CHF 100
Reduced Day Ticket for Students/Seniors: CHF 35
Combination Ticket for Art Basel and Design Miami/Basel: CHF 60
Groups of 10 people or more: CHF 35 per person
Guided school classes: CHF 20 per person
Tram 1, 2, 6, 14, 15: Messeplatz